Packing Tips For A Successful Move
1. Pack a suitcase – For each member of the family moving, pack a suitcase as if you’re all going on a 3-day vacation. Keep your suitcases separated from other items to be moved and make sure they are easily accessible. This way, you’ll have everything you need to get by during the first few days without having to search through boxes.
2. Create “Open Me First” boxes – Designate one or two boxes per room as “Open Me First” boxes. Pack items you’ll need first at your new location inside and label the side of each box so it can be easily found.
3. Pack one room at a time – Wherever possible, focus on packing one room at a time (instead of several all at once) to keep things efficient and organized.
4. Less is more – Use packing as a way to clean out belongings for donations, a yard sale, and/or the recycling center. You’ll save time and money by getting rid of unwanted/unneeded items.
5. Stay off the floor – Instead of the floor, use a completely cleared-off table top or counter for packing boxes. You’ll find you get much more accomplished.
6. Keep track of small parts – When taking apart items such as tables, securely tape screws and other small parts to the underside of the item. You’ll always know where to look and you’ll save time when putting items back together.
7. Save space – Use towels, pillows and t-shirts as extra padding around fragile items. Not only will you save space, you’ll also save money on packaging supplies!
8. Criss-cross tape – Tape boxes along the seams where the flaps meet together. Then tape perpendicularly at the center of the first tape forming a cross.
9. Stacking – To prevent items from being crushed, stack boxes with the heaviest items on the bottom and the lightest on top.
10. The 30 pound rule – Whenever possible, keep each box at 30 pounds or less. Heavier boxes lead to injuries and are much more likely to fall apart or get dropped.
11. Scale – Keep a bathroom scale in the room you’re packing so you can keep the boxes below the recommended weight limit.
Our labor only moving team is professional and polite making for the best labor only moving experience you can imagine. We offer affordable and all inclusive hourly rates and do NOT charge any of the extras that our competing labor only movers charge. We will make a qualified team of men available for your labor only moving needs.Book Now
As you look around at all the stuff you’ve accumulated over the years, you may wonder how in the world you can get it all packed in time for your move. Not to worry, our professionals can provide full service moves that begin with helping you get all of your belongings into boxes and on their way to your next home.Book Now